Why Join Employers Healthcare Coalition?
No one employer can do it alone….
Join EHC and contribute your voice for higher health care quality at a lower cost in the tri-state area.
Member Support Services
- Regular membership meetings with updates on local health care issues and speakers on topics of specific interest (recent examples include presentations on Disease Management, HIPAA, consumer-driven healthcare, pharmacy cost management)
- Networking with other human resources and benefits professionals
- Legislative education on important issues such as managed care regulation and physician anti-trust exemption
- Periodic benefit plan comparisons for benchmarking your plan against other area employers’
- Health promotion material available
- Periodic seminars on topics such as health services demand management, health care consumer empowerment, structuring effective employee health programs.
- Discounted pricing on self-care manuals and materials for distribution to employees
- The Dropbox communication tool on our website (for member only) provides easily accessible information, retained long-term as a resource center.
- Choosing Wisely® is an initiative of the ABIM Foundation to help providers and patients engage in conversations about the overuse of tests and procedures and support efforts to help patients make smart and effective care choices. In collaboration with the partner organizations, Consumer Reports has created resources for consumers and providers to engage in these important conversations in order to make wise decisions. Click here to access the lists of specific, evidence-based recommendations.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Aggregate data comparing hospital utilization, cost and quality.
- CareChex is an information service of Quantros, Inc. CareChex provides clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction findings to consumers, providers, and purchasers of U.S. medical care. Unlike other publicly available quality ratings, CareChex provides a composite evaluation of all components of medical quality including process of care, outcomes of care, and patient experiences.
Competitively Priced Health Care Products and Services
Wide range of preferred products and services:
- HealthLink Open Access III and PPO Networks
- Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefit Advocacy and Savings Solutions
- Data Analytics and Transparency Solutions